April 9, 2021
Dear EGUSD Students, Families and Staff,
With California aiming to return to usual operations by June 15th, District staff and school sites continue to adjust and prepare for the completion of the current school year, summer learning programs and the new ‘21-22 school year. District sites are open to the public and all visitors and staff will still be expected to follow and abide by posted COVID-19 mitigation strategies for face mask wearing, physical distancing and healthy hand hygiene. Parents are asked to monitor their inboxes for District updates and school communications. Given the many important notices that will be forthcoming, we will make every attempt to ensure that District updates are concise, timely and organized for quick reading.
‘20-21 School Year
- Graduations: Details for graduations will be coming out soon related to in-person graduation ceremonies and logistics as well as information on virtual graduation ceremonies for those who may not feel comfortable in a live public setting.
- Indoor Sports: Following State and County health guidelines, sites were allowed to open indoor sports for conditioning/practice the week of March 29th. On April 6th, the State updated their Youth Sports Guidance that included specific requirements regarding the return to indoor sports competition. District and school staff are currently reviewing these requirements to determine how we may return to indoor sports competition.
- Proms/Balls: School sites have also received District direction to identify opportunities for safe outdoor activities such as proms and balls in lieu of having those activities indoors and to continue using virtual options for student recognition and award events if a safe in-person setting is not feasible.
We’re Hiring for Summer Learning Programs and for the ‘21-22 School Year
In addition to hiring Teachers and certificated staff, we also have many classified positions open like Yard Supervisors and Custodians. Every position is essential and plays a significant role in keeping our schools safe and open. The District will also be hiring Paraeducators to support summer learning programs and for the ‘21-22 school year. Please look for all job opportunities on www.edjoin.org/EGUSD and save the date for the Paraeducator Recruitment event scheduled for April 29, 2021 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sacramento County Public Health wants to remind the public that COVID-19 vaccine eligibility is opening next week (April 15th) to every adult in California. Also, for those with older children, please note that currently only the Pfizer vaccine has been cleared for children 16 and 17 – so if you have teens looking for a vaccine, it must be that manufacturer. Most clinics list which brand they are using when you go to make an appointment. Please visit the County’s vaccination web page regularly for vaccine access and appointments and also check with your health care provider.
‘21-22 School Year
- Parent Input for ‘21-22 Invitation: April 21, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Zoom input meeting. Use this link if you would like to attend the meeting: Parent Advisory Team Invitation 2021-2022. (More than 500 parents have now signed up!)
- ‘21-22 Learning Model Preference Survey (ParentVue): Parents, please go into your ParentVue account to express your learning model preference for your children for the ‘21-22 school year. This survey closes April 14, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for staying connected with EGUSD,