March 5, 2021
Dear EGUSD Students, Families and Staff,
Beginning next week, you will begin to see a physical shift toward the reopening of our schools to in-person concurrent instruction as teachers begin to prepare their classrooms along with other activities. Please stay tuned for future updates. Below are a few updates going into next week.
- EGUSD COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP): Re-posted and resubmitted the CSP to reflect a couple of minor additions on pages 22 and 23 related to bus ventilation and testing information. The revised copy is available online.
- Learning Model Selection Process: The percentage of parents who chose the in-person concurrent learning model for elementary schools ranged from as low as 24 percent to as high as 67 percent. For secondary schools, it ranged from as low as 16 percent to as high as 32 percent (excluding Alternative Education schools).
- Athletics: This week, the District issued a press release to address questions regarding outdoor sports.
- Secondary School General Safety for Being on Campus: Thanks to the school administrative and student leadership teams at Laguna Creek High School, the following safety video offers a glimpse into the types of safety precautions that students will need to be mindful of at our middle and high schools.
- Curbside Meal Delivery Changes: Due to the start of reopening of schools, early next week, communication will be going out related to changes to our curb-side meal program effective March 12th. Curbside meal distribution will resume on Monday, March 22nd at the sites listed below and meals will continue to be free to any child 18 years and younger with valid verification. For questions, contact (916) 686-7735 or visit the F&NS website at http://egusdschoolmeals.com.
- New Curbside Locations
- Elementary Schools: Arnold Adreani ES, Cosumnes River ES, C.W. Dillard ES, Robert McGarvey ES, Sierra Enterprise ES
- Middle Schools: Harriet Eddy MS, Edward Harris MS, Samuel Jackman MS, Joseph Kerr MS, James Rutter MS
- High Schools: Cosumnes Oaks HS, Florin HS, Franklin HS, Laguna Creek HS, Pleasant Grove HS, Sheldon HS, Valley HS
- New Curbside Locations
- New Schools Reopening Package: Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB/SB 86 into law to be effective immediately. District staff will review the new legislation for its impact on fiscal matters, scheduling, particularly at the secondary level and/or on in-person learning for our most vulnerable students.
- Vaccinations: Elk Grove Unified continues to encourage all eligible individuals to receive their COVID-19 vaccination. Going into this next week, more than 50 percent of EGUSD staff will begin receiving their 2nd dose and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be made available through pharmacies and community clinics.
The increasingly downward trend of COVID-19 transmission is encouraging and the state has developed new criteria for entering a different tier based on vaccination rates. Please continue to wear a face mask, stay socially distanced and maintain good hand hygiene. Thank you.