October 12, 2012
What’s Happening in EGUSD - Week of October 15, 2012
Important Dates to Remember
- October: Character Education Month and California School Bus Safety Month
- October 14-20: National Teen Driver Safety Week
- October 16: EGUSD Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m., Robert L. Trigg Education Center
- October 17-25: Red Ribbon Week
Upcoming School Events
James Rutter Middle School principal heads to the roof to reward students for higher test scores
After gaining 27 points on California’s Academic Performance Index, James Rutter Middle School Principal Yuri Penermon will fulfill a promise he made to his students by spending 24 hours on the roof of his school starting at 8 a.m. on Monday, October 15. He will spend all day and night on the roof, descending from the roof at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, October 16.
The ABCs of Bullying Prevention – with Harlem Globetrotter Slick Willie Shaw
Students at Isabelle Jackson and Irene B. West elementary schools will experience a special treat on Monday, October 15 when Slick Willie Shaw of the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters visits their schools to present the Globetrotters new community outreach program, “The ABCs of Bullying Prevention.” Jackson’s assembly begins at 8:30 a.m. and the assembly at West will start at 10 a.m.
Hoop-A-Po-Loo-Za – with Kid Tribe
EGUSD elementary school students throughout the district are ready to “Hoop It Up” with the members of KidTribe this October. The assemblies, sponsored by the Elk Grove Unified School District’s Food and Nutrition Services Department, are energetic hula hooping “community-fitness concerts” that activate heart rates and inspire children to exercise. Hoop-A-Po-Loo-Za assemblies will be held at the following schools on these dates:
- Prairie Elementary School – October 15, 12:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Sierra Enterprise Elementary School – October 16, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School – October 17, 8:50 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
- Irene B. West Elementary School – October 18, 9:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
- Roy Herburger Elementary School – October 19, 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
Elk Grove High School to host annual Middle School Leadership Conference
The annual Middle School Leadership Conference will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, October 18 in the agriculture barns at Elk Grove High School. Over 400 middle school leadership students will spend the day learning about leadership strategies in workshops – such as delegation, accountability, setting priorities, effective publicity and how to decorate with balloons – presented by EGHS ASB students. EGUSD senior and freshman class councils will also be presenters and facilitators to help inspire middle school students as they look toward the high school experience.
EGUSD Event Calendar
EGUSD School Year Calendars
Read All About It! Check out eguNews!
October 1, 2012 Edition
Follow us on your favorite social media websites!