The purpose of providing first air/CPR training is to provide an option for employees in classifications requiring such certification to receive the training. Employees are free to receive American Red Cross (ARC) approved training from any source convenient for them. The training offered by the District is one option. The Risk Management Department is responsible for coordinating American Red Cross First Aid/CPR training offered by the District.
- The Human Resources Department notifies employees when their FA/CPR certificate is expiring.
- The employee is responsible to locate training.
- If the employee chooses to be trained by the District, then the employee is to contact the Curriculum and Professional Learning Department to register and pay fees.
- Fees are paid in advance, no later than 24 hours before the training registered for. Fees are not refundable.
- After completing the training, and receiving the cards from the trainer, the employee is responsible to give HR a copy of their card.
EGUSD 1st aid and CPR Course Schedule (Employee Intranet):
- Contact Curriculum & Professional Learning to register at (916) 686-7757
Vanessa Sibley, Loss Control Specialist
Back to Information