BP 5145.3 – Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying
Effective March 1, 2016, Board Policy 5145.3 has been revised for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the requirement of nondiscrimination in access and participation in all District programs by students with disabilities. The specific changes made are:
- The addition of language regarding the legal requirement that the District provide to its students with disabilities extracurricular and nonacademic services in such a manner as is necessary to afford students with disabilities an equal opportunity for participation in such services and activities.
- The development of a process that ensures compliance with the requirement of nondiscrimination in access and participation in all District programs by students with disabilities. Revised Board Policy 5145.3 effectuates this compliance by:
- Prohibiting disability-based discrimination
- Requiring equal opportunity for consideration of students with disabilities for awards and honors and for participation of students with disabilities in extracurricular activities
- Mandating equal notice of awards, honors, and activities to parents of students with disabilities
Poster: District Policy Prohibiting Discrimination/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying of Students