What is Youth Development?
- Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
- Care Pairs
- Bullying Prevention Workshops and Resources
- Training for Staff, Parent and Students
- LGBTQIA+ Programs and Services
Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
- Understand basic information about tobacco products, including e-cigarettes/vape pens, and the harm they cause
- Gain awareness of strategies manufacturers of tobacco, including e-cigarettes/vape pens, employ to increase use among adolescents through deceptive and creative marketing strategies
- Gain skills to refuse experimentation and use of tobacco
- Tobacco Free Kids – Promotes public policy reducing smoking rates of minors.
- National Institute for Drug Abuse – National Institute for Drug Abuse; Information and resources regarding drug abuse.
- MADD – Mothers Against Drunk Driving; Resources to reduce drunk driving and help the victims.
- The Truth Initiative – Truth Initiative is America’s largest nonprofit public health organization committed to making tobacco use and nicotine addiction a thing of the past.
Bullying Prevention Program
LGBTQIA+ Youth Programs and Services
Please Visit the YDO’s website for more information and resources.
EGUSD Board Policy
The Elk Grove Unified School District prohibits discrimination against, nor will it tolerate the intimidation, harassment or bullying of, any student by a student, employee, or any other person from or in the District, on the basis of the student’s actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
EGUSD Board Policy – BP 5145.18 – Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying
- LGBTQIA+ Community Resource List
- Sacramento County Crisis & Mental Health Resources
- LGBTQ Student Rights
- 8 Laws to Know: Protecting LGBTQ Youth in California
- Trevor Project Flyer
- Trevor Project – Coming Out – A Handbook for LGBTQ Young People
- Trevor Project Lifeline– 1 (866) 488-7386 – Crisis intervention and suicide prevention line to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and questioning youth and young adults. TrevorLifeline, TrevorChat, and TrevorText available.
- Sacramento LGBT Community Center– (916) 442-0185 – Local organization supporting the health and wellness of the most marginalized, advocating for equality and justice, and working to build a culturally rich LGBTQ community.
- PFLAG Sacramento– (916) 978-0410 – National organization with a local chapter that promotes the well-being of LGBTQ youth and their friends and family, through support, education and advocacy.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline– 1 (800) 273-8255 – The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- Advocating for LGBTQ Students with Disabilities – A guide for educators and parents/guardians on supporting LGBTQ students with an IEP or 504 plan.
Learn more about EGUSD's Teen Parent Program (TPP)
- Adult and Community Education
- Athletics/Facilities Use
- Attendance Improvement Office
- Behavioral Health and Counseling Services
- Business Services and Facilities
- College and Career Connections
- Curriculum and Professional Learning
- Educational Equity
- Education Services and Schools
- English Learner Services
- Expanded Learning After School & Summer Programs
- Facilities and Planning
- Family and Community Engagement
- Finance and School Support
- Fiscal Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Foster Youth
- Grants Office
- Health and Nursing Services
- Homeless Education
- Human Resources
- Maintenance and Operations
- Payroll and Benefits
- PreK-6 Education
- Printing Services
- Purchasing and Warehouse
- Psychological Services
- Research and Evaluation
- Risk Management
- Safety and Security
- School Improvement Support
- Secondary Education (7-12)
- Special Education/SELPA
- Student Records
- Student Support and Health Services
- Superintendent's Office
- Technology Services
- Youth Development