EGUSD Social Media Official Comment Policy
The Elk Grove Unified School District (EGUSD) and its schools welcome the community’s contributions (e.g., posting comments) to its official Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram accounts.
The purpose of this social media site is to inform and engage EGUSD students and their families, staff, residents and other interested persons by providing current and useful information regarding district programs, activities and operations. Such information shall be appropriate for both internal and external audiences.
- Participants are encouraged to submit comments, questions and concerns. The District’s/School’s official social media site is a moderated online discussion that constitutes a limited forum, the contents of which are at the discretion and control of EGUSD/the school;
- EGUSD and its schools will exercise their legal rights to regulate speech within this limited forum on the District’s and/or school’s official social media sites;
- All posting of comments on this page is at the discretion of EGUSD and its school’s official social media site administrators;
- The District’s and/or school’s official social media sites administrators will review all postings to make sure they are appropriate, constructive and abide by EGUSD’s Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 1113 regarding District and School Communication Tools; (Internet access and practices is under AR 6162.7)
- The District’s and/or school’s official social media sites administrators will not restrict speech on the basis of a disagreement with the opinion expressed;
- Once posted, the District’s and/or school’s official social media site administrators reserve the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, gender or religious group; and
- EGUSD and its schools do not allow postings of photographs or videos by anyone other than by District and/or school’s official social media site administrators or other specifically authorized EGUSD personnel.
Further, the District and/or school’s official social media sites administrators also reserve the right to delete comments on the District’s and/or school’s official social media sites that:
- contain spam, advertising, solicitations or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off topic, and/or disruptive;
- cause or are reasonably likely to cause substantial disruption to the school’s and EGUSD’s educational environment or operations;
- are obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit, including masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations;
- violate a person’s privacy;
- abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, violate the legal rights of others;
- are libelous or slanderous;
- are likely to incite students and create a clear and present danger to the operation of the schools;
- interfere with the educational mission of the schools or EGUSD;
- are endorsements of any product, cause, political party, or political candidate, which are all forbidden;
- are chain letters, pyramid schemes or fraudulent or deceptive messages;
- promote particular services, products, or political organizations or campaigns;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- contain links to inappropriate websites;
- advocate illegal activity; and/or
- violate any EGUSD policies.
Please note that the comments expressed on the District’s and/or school’s official social media sites do not reflect the opinions and position of EGUSD, the school or its employees.
EGUSD thanks you in advance for your contributions to the District and/or school’s official social media sites, and for the help in creating a safe and vibrant online community.
For more information, contact Communications at (916) 686-7732 or send an e-mail to the Communications Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elk Grove Unified School District (hereinafter EGUSD) desires to provide a positive work environment where employees and job applicants are free from harassment and are assured of equal access and opportunities in accordance with law. EGUSD prohibits any district employee from harassing or discriminating against any other district employee or job applicant on the basis of the person’s actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. No person should be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position(s) or program for which application has been made. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, EGUSD will provide you with one upon notice.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying, you should immediately contact the District’s Legal Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator, at (916) 686-7795, ext. 67159 or email@example.com. A copy of EGUSD uniform complaint or EGUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.