The Board of Education recognizes that parents and guardians are their child’s most influential teachers. Students begin learning at home and continuous parental involvement in a child’s education contributes greatly to achievement and a positive school environment. To maximize the potential of parent involvement on campus, each school:
- Develops programs and activities that enable parents to actively participate in their child’s education.
- Helps parents develop skills and home environments that support their child’s growth as responsible members of society.
- Provides parents with techniques and strategies to improve their child’s academic success and help learning at home.
- Initiates consistent and effective two-way communication between the home and school so parents know when and how to support classroom learning activities.
- Provides training to teachers, administrators and other school staff that fosters effective and culturally sensitive communication with the home.
We have a shared responsibility when it comes to raising the next generation. Students are more successful when families, communities and schools work together, benefiting the entire community.
The Elk Grove Unified’s new Family and Community Engagement Office strives to support growing populations of diverse students and developing new and innovative approaches to integrate family engagement programs into their education systems.