NOTICE: Information for Virtual Board Meetings
NEW: Effective on January 6, 2022, under the authority of California Health and Safety Code Sections 101040, 101085, 120175, and 120220, the Health Officer of the County of Sacramento (“Health Officer”) Hereby Ordered the following:
“All public boards, councils, commissions, and other similar bodies shall suspend in-person public meetings and conduct all meetings virtually. Affected bodies shall ensure opportunities for virtual public participation and compliance with the Brown Act and all other relevant statutes.”
Accordingly, consistent with the January 6, 2022 Sacramento County Public Health Order, the Governing Board shall use teleconferencing (videoconferencing through Zoom), and as a result has made the following adjustments to the public comments process and timing. Additionally, the Board of Education is providing the following notice as required by AB 361: “to give notice of the means by which members of the public may access the meeting and offer public comment.”
Zoom Online Meeting Platform
Zoom is an online meeting platform that will be used by the Elk Grove Unified School District Board of Education during the current State social distancing and shelter at home order. Those who wish to view the meeting will need an internet connection and device. Zoom is compatible with Windows and Apple computers, along with iPhones, iPads, Chromebooks and Android devices. The device must have working speakers to hear the meeting.
Please note: If Zoom is not currently installed on a computer or device, Zoom will ask to download a small app to the computer or device. Please accept the install to continue to the Zoom meeting. Zoom will only need to install the app the first time a computer or device is used with Zoom. Mobile device users can install the Zoom app prior to a meeting by visiting their app store. ZOOM Cloud Meetings is the name of the app.
Board Meeting Agenda
January 18, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda
During the board meeting, the public may make public comments virtually via the Zoom platform.
- In-person public comments – Are not available during the January 18, 2022 Board Meeting consistent with the January 6, 2022 County of Sacramento Public Health Order.
- Zoom audio public comments – The public may submit an online form to the District by 4:30 p.m. on the day of the board meeting requesting to speak through the Zoom platform at the designated times on the board meeting agenda.
Regular Board Meetings: January 18, 2022, the Board will receive Public Comments virtually via the Zoom platform in the following order:
- Approximately between 7:00 pm and 7:20 pm, Public Comments may be made On Items Not on the Board Agenda, but within the school district’s jurisdiction.Please note that “If the public comments [are] on items not appearing on the posted agenda, the board cannot take action or discuss the public comments other than the Board President briefly acknowledging the comments.” (EGUSD Governance Handbook)
- Approximately between 7:00 pm and 7:20 pm, all Public Comments may be made On All Items that are on the Board Agenda.The Board will close Public Comments on all items at the times designated above unless the end time for public comments is adjusted for a longer period of time by the Board.Please note that the Board may comment and ask clarifying questions related to public comments made on items on the agenda.
- If a member of the public wishes to address an item on the agenda that is scheduled prior to the public comment section of the meeting, the comments will be heard at the time the item is presented to the Board.
The Zoom Audio Public Comment link will be available as soon as the agenda for the January 18, 2022 Board Meeting has been posted online. Zoom public comments will be heard as listed above.
Virtual Board Meetings with Live Streaming Via Zoom Online Meeting Platform
Board meetings will be live streamed via the Zoom online meeting platform used by the Elk Grove Unified School District Board of Education. Those who wish to view the meeting online will need an internet connection and device. Zoom is compatible with Windows and Apple computers, along with iPhones, iPads, Chromebooks, and Android devices. The device must have working speakers to hear the meeting.
Please note: If Zoom is not currently installed on a computer or device, Zoom will ask to download a small app to the computer or device. Please accept the install to continue to the Zoom meeting. Zoom will only need to install the app the first time a computer or device is used with Zoom. Mobile device users can install the Zoom app prior to a meeting by visiting their app store. ZOOM Cloud Meetings is the name of the app. Go to the Zoom website to make sure you are on version 5.5.4 or higher. https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
Live Streaming Via Zoom is limited to 3000 participants due to capacity constraints within Zoom. The Zoom meeting will be recorded (video and audio) and will be made available on the Elk Grove Unified School District’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/elkgroveunified
The Elk Grove Unified School District and its Board of Education are not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced by the viewer, nor is it responsible for any technical difficulties experienced in making or uploading any video recording.
American with Disabilities Compliance Notice
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons with a disability requiring special assistance to access the Zoom board meeting, access and complete the Google Public Comments Cards, or to access written documents discussed at the Board meeting that are available on the District’s website, please contact Ludi Avalos at (916) 686-7700. Notification of at least 24 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the Zoom board meeting and to provide disability-related accommodation, auxiliary aids or services.
Documents provided to a majority of the Governing Board regarding an open session item on this agenda will be posted online attached to the final Board meeting agenda for public inspection.