Celebrate the Season – Adopt a family in need
In celebration of the holiday season, district employees and community partners have the opportunity to “adopt” families in need. You are invited to participate in the Celebrate the Season program to help local EGUSD families have a happy holiday season. Families are chosen through the Regional Student Support Centers and Foster Youth Services.
Theory of Action
Elk Grove Unified School District believes that family and community engagement is a fundamental component to student success and achievement. When district and school staffs build authentic relationships and encourage collaboration, it creates a culturally responsive mindset, which fosters trust and produces a welcoming environment. We will increase confidence in EGUSD by providing opportunities to partner with all families and the community in ways that support both the academic success and the social/emotional wellness of every student. The Board of Education recognizes that parents and guardians are their child’s most influential teachers. Continuous parental involvement in a child’s education contributes greatly to achievement and a positive school environment.
The Board of Education recognizes that parents and guardians are their child’s most influential teachers. Continuous parental involvement in a child’s education contributes greatly to achievement and a positive school environment.
To maximize the potential of parent involvement on campus, each school:
- Develops programs and activities that enable parents to actively participate in their child’s education.
- Helps parents develop skills and home environments that supports their child’s growth as responsible members of society.
- Provides parents with techniques and strategies to improve their child’s academic success and help learning at home.
- Initiates consistent and effective two-way communication between the home and school so parents know when and how to support classroom learning activities.
- Provides training to teachers, administrators, and other school staff that fosters effective and culturally sensitive communication with the home.
- Encourages parents/guardians to serve as volunteers in the schools, attend student performances and school meetings, and participate in site and advisory councils.
Please contact your school to find out how you can get more involved.
Community Engagement in Elk Grove Unified
Community Engagement is welcomed in Elk Grove Unified and is defined as any element of learning the district can capture through and by collaborating with District stakeholders. To learn more about how you can partner with Elk Grove Unified schools or District programs, contact our Family and Community Engagement Office:
District Flyer Approval Process
All flyers must go through the District’s approval process. Please visit the District Flyer Approval page for more information.