April 15, 2020
Dear Elk Grove Unified Students, Parents and Families,
EGUSD Distance Learning starts tomorrow for secondary schools and in 5 days for elementary schools. Today, we want to emphasize Tip 5: “Follow healthy habits” and revisit Tip 4 from our distance learning 5 Tips short online video. You are welcome to also go back to the letters sent on April 9th (Tips 1 and 2), April 13th (Tip 3) and April 14th (Tip 4) for a review. Also, regarding distance learning and our efforts to remove barriers in support of all of our learners, please enjoy this short interview with our educational equity program specialist, Mathew Espinosa.
Tip 4: For more on preparing for distance learning, please take a look at these resources:
- Added Resource: How to Access the ClassLink Portal – Video | Document
- Mrs. Trujillo Demonstrates Distance Learning for her 7th Grade Class – Video
Tip 5: For following healthy habits, we have many resources parents can go to:
- Take Screen Breaks and Learn from our Digital Citizenship resource on #RemoteLearning
- Take Nutrition and Physical Activity Breaks and review our Healthy Habits resources
- Practice Mindfulness and use our Family and Community Resources for Social and Emotional Learning and here are 10 Behavior Strategies Parents Can Use Today
- Extend Grace and take some time out to hear answers and tips about distance learning.
Top 7 School-at-Home Questions—Answers to common questions asked by parents teaching their children at home for the first time. Questions include:
“What if I am not qualified to home school?”
“What should I prioritize?”
“What if I ruin my child’s education?”
What First-Time At-Home Teachers Should Know—Top tips for parents teaching their children at home for the first time. Tips include:
“You are not re-creating school in your home.”
“Use board games as learning tools.”
“Cut yourself some slack. You are new at this.”
NEW! StudentVUE and ParentVUE Push Notifications Now Turned On
As mentioned in our letter sent on April 13th about communication, we encourage parents and students to email their teachers and school staff using StudentVue and ParentVue. Now, students and parents will see a notification about an email on the app. If you don’t have the app installed on your handheld device, here’s where you can find the download.
Thank you. Please stay safe, stay healthy and stay home as much as you can. Remember to subscribe to the Elk Grove Unified School District’s YouTube Channel.