August 11, 2021
Hello Elk Grove Unified Bus Families,
Welcome back to school! We are pleased to be able to provide non-mandated general education services but please understand that the pandemic has made our already dire situation with a shortage of drivers more profound, which combined with mandated route growth for the 2021-22 school year, means our on time service ability will likely be affected. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this challenging transition from limited COVID-19 service to full transportation services.
The District continues to actively recruit bus drivers and has one of the only paid school bus driver training programs in the state. We currently have several candidates in our training and certification program and are constantly seeking additional candidates. If you or anyone you know are interested in becoming a school bus driver, please contact our Transportation Department at (916) 686-7733.
As a reminder, proper face coverings will continue to be required of all passengers and staff on buses. Previous masking exemptions per CDPH face mask guidance will still be honored.
Visit our Transportation Department’s webpage for information about transportation services and see how we will be providing bus arrival updates.
- Bus alerts about delays will be posted on the Transportation Department website in the morning and afternoon.
- Bus alerts will not be emailed.
- Parents are encouraged to save the EGUSD Transportation Website on their Smartphone for easy access. How to Add a Website to Your Smartphone
- RTE 6 = Route Number (Bus) 6
- Routes usually match the bus # unless covered by another bus
- School Last Name = Fite
- Acronyms for Secondary = COHS, EGHS, PGHS, VHS, JRMS, SJMS, etc…
- ES = Elementary School; MS = Middle School; HS = High School
- RTE 6 = Route Number (Bus) 6
Note: Route numbers are separate from bus numbers. Continue to refresh this page for updates.
Bus Pass Application Process
- Bus pass applications and payments will be processed through MySchoolBucks (MSB). Payments cannot be made over the phone.
- After completing the bus pass application and selecting “purchase”, you will be given the ability to check out as a guest or use an existing MSB account. General fees for various types of service can be found on the bus pass application.
- Once submitted, your bus pass application will be put into a queue for review and processing by the EGUSD Department of Transportation. Fees, if required, will be calculated based on service needs of each student with consideration for any applicable fee waivers. If a fee is required, you will be invoiced by e-mail for the amount owed. After receiving the invoice, you will be able to use the MySchoolBucks secure payment portal to process your payment.
- Submit a Bus Pass Application at: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/about/bus-pass-application/
Here Comes The Bus App
Here Comes The Bus is an easy-to-use website and app that enables parents to see the location of their child’s school bus on a smartphone, tablet or personal computer. With Here Comes the Bus you can:
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time.
Registration information specific to EGUSD for Here Comes The Bus can be found at the EGUSD Bus Pass Application information page: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/about/bus-pass-application/