August 19, 2021
Good evening EGUSD Parents,
Are you connected to our District and your school communications? Do you have your contact information updated? Have you activated your ParentVUE account? Have you checked your preferences on School Messenger?
What mass notification methods does EGUSD use?
- SchoolMessenger: Email/Text/Phone Mass Notification System for District News and Emergency Notifications. Visit go.schoolmessenger.com or download the InfoCenter app from iTunes or Google Play and select preferences for School and District information.
- SYNERGY (ParentVUE): Email through Student Information System (Used by schools in addition to SchoolMessenger).
- Visit the EGUSD Synergy page for more information and to download the ParentVUE or StudentVUE Apps.
- EGUSD District Website: http://www.egusd.net/
- EGUSD Social Media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElkGroveUnified
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ElkGroveUnified/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/elk-grove-unified-school-district
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElkGroveUnified
- YouTube (EGUNEWS): https://www.youtube.com/user/ElkGroveUnified
- TalkingPoints: (New!) TalkingPoints is a tool for two-way communication between the home and school and uses over a 100 languages. The TalkingPoints Parent Mobile App is available for download on the Google Play and Apple App stores. Visit the TalkingPoints Parent App Instructions if you need additional information.
What types of messages does the District send?
- Emergency Notifications
- Messages from the Superintendent
- Parent Letters/Notifications
- Community Connection, Student Information (VIP) and District Updates (EGUNEWS)
How do I activate my ParentVUE account or update my contact information?
- Contact your school for activation verification or visit the EGUSD Synergy page for more information and to download the ParentVUE or StudentVUE apps.
- If you already have a ParentVUE account, you can send a request through ParentVUE to have your contact information updated.
If I have more than one student attending an EGUSD school, how can I tell which school sent the message?
- Unfortunately, the email system does not have an identifier that appears on the email; rather the sender will need to put their school’s signature in the message. EGUSD messages typically use the District’s logo, department signature and/or “EGUSD” in the subject line.
If I have a student who rides the bus, aside from using the Here Comes the Bus App, where can I find information about bus delays?
- Please visit our Transportation Department’s website at: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/
- Look for the Bus Delay Update for either AM or PM and a list of bus routes is available at this link: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/bus-route-information/
- The updates are updated regularly and once your child has their bus pass, please download the Here Comes The Bus App to your smartphone and or visit their website: https://cpb-us-w2.wpmucdn.com/blogs.egusd.net/dist/3/2046/files/2021/05/Here-Comes-the-Bus-Flyer.pdf
Thank you for staying connected!