August 6, 2021
Dear Elk Grove Unified Students, Parents and Families,
We look forward to having all our students back in our schools. No doubt, the start of this school year will be different with COVID-19 still in our midst but unlike last year, we now have a vaccine and multiple ways to keep everyone safe and schools open. We also have an updated Independent Study program option for 2021-2022 available through our EGUSD Virtual Academy and Las Flores High School. As we move forward together, we will continue to monitor COVID-19 and keep you updated as conditions change – and let’s hope for the best. On that note, we are also closely monitoring the current wildfires and air quality. Today, we want to share important information gathered from questions we’ve been fielding from parents and staff.
What did parents say about our revised COVID-19 Safety Plan?
In response to our revised COVID-19 Safety Plan, 293 or 74% of the 400 respondents were parents who offered input and feedback. The balance of those who responded reflected 16% from staff and 10% from students. This linked document, “Moving Forward Together: Back to School During a Pandemic 2021-2022 FAQ” aims to answer health and safety as well as educational program options input and feedback we received.
Where can parents and the community find vaccination clinics?
- Saturday, August 7: EGUSD COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Clinic at James Rutter Middle School from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Everyday: Free Kaiser Permanente COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Bruceville Center Vaccination Station from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- More Opportunities: MyTurn
What are the EGUSD air quality guidelines?
What is the EGUSD Independent Study program?
- Information about the EGUSD Independent Study Program can be found on the www.egusd.net website under the “Academics” link.
How can I sign up for bus service?
- Please visit the EGUSD Transportation web page for everything you need to know about our bus service.
Where can we learn about open positions?
- EGUSD job postings are found at EDJOIN.org
When is the next Board Meeting, will it be in-person and do I have to wear a mask?
- The next Board Meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 10th in-person at the Robert L. Trigg Education Center. Masks will be required indoors.
How will the public be able to make public comments during the Board Meeting?
Effective beginning August 10, 2021, unless otherwise ordered by the Sacramento County Public Health Department or by other legal mandate, the following processes shall be available for public comments during Board meetings. During the board meeting, the public may make public comments in-person in the Boardroom or virtually via the Zoom platform. Please click here for more information.
Stories to Share
“Where’s Waldo?” Yearbook Photo Hunt
McGarvey Elementary teacher, Deann Edwards, was recently featured on Good Day Sacramento for her awesome hats and “Where’s Waldo?” yearbook photobombs that make her students smile! Deann is excited to welcome her students back to school for in-person instruction and will continue to bring her hat game to McGarvey to keep her students laughing and learning.
Thank you and stay safe and stay healthy,