February 26, 2021
Dear EGUSD Students, Families and Staff,
Our return to in-person instruction is underway and everyone is brimming with excitement and hope of turning the corner on this pandemic. Below are key actions the District has taken to be prepared for reopening schools:
- EGUSD COVID-19 Safety Plan: Posted, submitted and available online
- EGUSD Memorandum Of Understanding with Labor Groups: Ratified, posted and available online.
- Learning Model Selection Process: 94 percent completion. Families that did not select in-person concurrent learning for their student will have their student placed in distance learning.
- In-Person Concurrent and Distance Learning Schedules: Updated for Special Education, posted and available online.
- School Reopening Start Dates: Year Round, Traditional and Modified Traditional dates are posted and available online.
In the next couple of weeks, schools will be communicating with families to provide detailed information through online presentations, emails, phone calls and more to ensure that families who want to have their child return to school in-person are well-informed of the safety measures that have been put in place to keep students and staff as safe as possible.
Future Consideration for Changes
It is important to provide ample time for students to adjust to the in-person concurrent model. Consideration of parent change requests will be made by site administration, beginning two-weeks after the start date of in-person learning at their school. Please contact the school’s front office if there are questions related to this.
Transportation services will be available for self contained and mandated special education, foster youth and homeless students. Should additional transportation offerings become available we will be sure to contact our families.
With more than 50 percent of our staff now immunized against COVID-19 with at least the first dose, let’s continue the downward trend of COVID-19 transmission and stop this disease by continuing to wear a face mask, keeping socially distanced and maintaining good hand hygiene.
Thank you to everyone for their hard work and dedication toward caring for and educating our youth.