January 4, 2022
Dear Elk Grove Unified Students, Parents and Families,
We welcome everyone back to school and while we wish conditions were different, we look forward to forging ahead with in-person learning into the new year and will continue to keep student and staff safety a priority.
The current COVID-19 conditions remain highly fluid amidst the highly contagious Omicron variant and we are working together with public health officials to implement any new recommendations that are adopted by the California Department of Public Health and Sacramento County Public Health. We expect conditions to evolve and that further guideline updates will be provided.
As we receive new guidance, we will review new measures, put them into operation and keep you apprised of applicable changes. We thank everyone who tested prior to returning to school and while it was not required but encouraged, long lines at our EGUSD COVID Testing locations illustrated everyone’s interest in keeping our schools, students and staff safe.
New this week, we have received updated quarantine guidelines and delivery confirmation for the home test kits. EGUSD is in receipt of sufficient supply for each student to receive one (1) kit and each kit contains two (2) tests. These home test kits are intended for student use only and will provide parents with a quicker method of detecting the presence of the COVID virus, especially if their child presents with symptoms. Home test kits will be delivered to each school starting on Wednesday, January 5th and upon receipt, schools will then begin to distribute the kits for each student. Please look for a follow-up email with detailed information regarding the use of these home test kits. Also this week, our District COVID-19 Dashboard is back online and is currently being updated. Lastly, several testing options remain in place for students and staff.
- EGUSD COVID Clinic Testing (11) Locations M-F 7:30am – 5pm
In order to reduce wait times and long lines at EGUSD COVID Clinic Testing Sites, please go to https://school.covidclinic.org to register in advance and create an account if you have not already done so previously. EGUSD Employees must register using their EGUSD email account.
- (1) Home Test Kit with (2 Tests) for Each Student (To be distributed this week)
- Medical Provider
- Community Testing Sites: Access testing at one of the many community testing sites listed at the Sacramento County COVID-19 Symptom Screening Mobile Testing Sites.
As a reminder, if your child is experiencing symptoms of illness or if they test positive for COVID-19, please keep them home from school, contact your school and follow isolation guidance. Those who are symptomatic will be isolated and sent home.
Updated Quarantine/Isolation Guidelines Effective Immediately
- For those that test positive: Isolation can now end after Day 5 if symptoms are not present or are resolving and a diagnostic specimen collected on Day 5 or later tests negative.
- For close contact cases: No changes have been made for close contact quarantine guidelines at this time. California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is reviewing close contact guidelines for schools and will update soon.
Thank you and stay safe and stay healthy,