July 14, 2021
Hello Elk Grove Unified Students, Families and Staff,
The District is extremely pleased to announce that transportation services will be provided for the 2021-2022 school year similar to pre-pandemic service levels. Social distancing requirements have been suspended; therefore, we may use our school buses at normal passenger capacity. It is important to note that proper face coverings will continue to be required of all passengers and staff on buses. Previous masking exemptions per CDPH face mask guidance will still be honored.
Although we are pleased to be able to provide non-mandated general education services that were provided in pre-pandemic times in transportation services areas including off loads and redirects, please understand that the pandemic has made our already dire situation with a shortage of drivers more profound, which combined with mandated route growth for the 2021-22 school year, means our on time service ability will likely be affected. We have invested in new technology through an app that tracks our bus arrivals, which also helps our staffing needs. When parents register their child for bus service, instructions to access this app will be provided and also provided below.
The District continues to actively recruit bus drivers and has one of the only paid school bus driver training programs in the state. We currently have several candidates in our training and certification program and are constantly seeking additional candidates. If you or anyone you know are interested in becoming a school bus driver, please contact our Transportation Department at (916) 686-7733.
If your student resides in a transportation service area and you are interested in receiving transportation please visit our Transportation Department’s webpage for additional information including contact information.
We sincerely appreciate your patience during this challenging transition from limited COVID-19 service to full transportation services.
Bus Pass Application Process
- Bus pass applications and payments will be processed through MySchoolBucks (MSB). Payments cannot be made over the phone.
- After completing the bus pass application and selecting “purchase”, you will be given the ability to check out as a guest or use an existing MSB account. General fees for various types of service can be found on the bus pass application.
- Once submitted, your bus pass application will be put into a queue for review and processing by the EGUSD Department of Transportation. Fees, if required, will be calculated based on service needs of each student with consideration for any applicable fee waivers. If a fee is required, you will be invoiced by e-mail for the amount owed. After receiving the invoice, you will be able to use the MySchoolBucks secure payment portal to process your payment.
- Submit a Bus Pass Application at: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/about/bus-pass-application/
Here Comes The Bus App
Here Comes The Bus is an easy-to-use website and app that enables parents to see the location of their child’s school bus on a smartphone, tablet or personal computer. With Here Comes the Bus you can:
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time.
Registration information specific to EGUSD for Here Comes The Bus can be found at the EGUSD Bus Pass Application information page: http://blogs.egusd.net/transportation/about/bus-pass-application/