June 25, 2021
Hello Elk Grove Unified Students, Families and Staff,
This is the last update for the 2020-2021 school year, and we wish everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July. We will resume updates in mid-July to kick off the new 2021-2022 school year.
2021-2022 Parent & Student Handbook
The 2021-2022 Parent and Student Handbook is now available online! The Parent and Student Handbook is an annual publication containing annual notifications and updated information relevant to the families of Elk Grove Unified. The handbook outlines our expectations, our culture, and provides information to help families understand our District policies and procedures. Other sections describe state and federal laws related to public schools.
Visit the District Handbook webpage to learn more.
Safety Protocols Update (Masking and COVID Safety Plan Updates)
EGUSD will continue to monitor updates on masking from the CDC, CDPH, Cal OSHA and Sacramento County Public Health related to TK-12 educational settings. We plan to have another update by mid-July.
For all students in our TK-12 school settings:
- All students must continue to wear masks INDOORS regardless of vaccination status.
- All students do not need to wear a mask OUTDOORS regardless of vaccination status. If a student chooses to wear a mask outdoors, they may be allowed to do so.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during outdoor activities that involve sustained close contact (including high-risk contact sports).
For all employees in our TK-12 school settings and facilities:
- All employees must continue to wear masks INDOORS including classroom settings with students or other individuals present as well as non-instructional settings where others are present.
- All employees do not need to wear a mask if alone in a room or eating/drinking.
- All employees, including teachers supervising students, do not need to wear a mask OUTDOORS regardless of vaccination status.
- Staff who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during outdoor activities that involve sustained close contact.
- Consistent with Cal OSHA requirements, the District is considering establishing a formalized process that would allow fully vaccinated staff the option of not wearing a mask when students are not present. Until further notice employees are expected to continue with current practices. More information will be forthcoming regarding this matter.
EGUSD Summer Curbside Meal Service – July 2021
July curbside meal service begins July 12. Curbside meals for the entire week will be available for pick up on Mondays between 6:45 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. In observance of the 4th of July holiday, no curbside service will be available the week of July 5th. For more details and locations, please visit egusdschoolmeals.com.
For additional options to locate free meals, download the CA Meals for Kids app or text the word “FOOD” to 877-877 to see all nearby options (the service is also available in Spanish by texting the word “COMIDA” instead.) Calling 2-1-1 is another option to locate free meals.
As we anticipate transportation services for the new school year, we have a tremendous need for bus drivers. If you or someone you know enjoys driving and helping students stay connected to learning, please apply to be an EGUSD bus driver.
Community Vaccination Clinics
The Sacramento Kings have partnered with Kaiser Permanente to offer a free COVID-19 vaccine clinic for everyone 12 and older at the Golden 1 Center (500 David J Stern Walk, Sacramento) on Saturday, June 26 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Participants are eligible to receive a Golden 1 Center tour, Kings swag, gift cards, and be entered into a raffle for Kings tickets, Golden 1 Center concerts tickets, Kings autographed merch and more!
Visit MyTurn.ca.gov, input zip code 95814 and choose the clinic titled “Sacramento Kings and Kaiser Permanente at Golden 1 Center.”
Kaiser Permanente is offering a free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Bruceville Center Vaccination Station 7 days a week, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Positive News to Share
New Mural at Irene B. West Elementary
An unveiling ceremony for the new mural at Irene B. West Elementary took place earlier this week. Special thanks to all who attended, including Mrs. West’s family. The beautiful new mural was designed by local artist Tony Byrnes.
College Scholarship Information for 2021 Graduates
If you are attending college in Fall of 2021, consider the Chevron Corporate Scholars Program. This is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for passionate and determined students. The application deadline is July 1, 2021. You could be awarded up to $15,000 as a renewable scholarship.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe,