June 4, 2021
Hello Elk Grove Unified Students, Families and Staff,
Summer is here and learning continues. We have a record number of students enrolled to participate in summer learning this year, and we have an exciting mix of programs, activities and projects scheduled across the district. Our team of educators and school staff are making all of the final preparations. Teachers will be welcoming their students both for in-person or virtual classes and our teachers online will be working with students from a variety of high schools. Each high school campus will have a learning hub available for any high school student enrolled in an online course who wants or needs access to a computer and additional support to complete their online lessons. If you have any questions about summer learning, like password resets or schedules, please contact your student’s school.
We also want to remind all students, parents and staff to stay alert about pedestrian safety, increased traffic around our schools and in the event of an emergency or suspicious activity, please remember that “if you see something or know something, to say something.”
Here are some resources:
- Food and Nutrition Services website
- Online Incident Reporting System
- EGUSD Safety Information/Lockdown Protocols
- EGUSD Mass Notification System (School Messenger)
- School/Teacher Email (Synergy)
If your child or you know someone whose child turns 5 on or before September 1, 2021 now is the time to get them enrolled. Please contact the school directly. Please don’t delay registering for Kindergarten so we can appropriately plan and develop our Kindergarten programs for the 2021-22 school year.
2021-22 School Year
As we get back on schedule with our regular programs, our EGUSD Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) will be posted and available on the district’s website for review between June 11th and June 21st, 2021. Also, our Board approved an extensive Extended Learning Options plan during a special session held this past week, and we ask parents to stay tuned to the June 15th Board Meeting. At the June 15th Board meeting, the Board will discuss the 2021-2022 school year plan, where students will be back in-person 5 days a week in school on the school’s regular schedule. Click here for the Board Meeting schedule.
EGUSD is looking for caring, qualified individuals to work to support our students and community in a variety of ways. Below is a link to our upcoming outdoor classified recruitment fair. All health and safety protocols will be followed at this event.
Community Vaccination Clinics
- Community Vaccine Clinic Schedule – All are welcome!
- Visit MyTurn for more vaccine appointments
- Kaiser Permanente is offering a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Bruceville Center Vaccination Station 7 days a week, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Kaiser will also host a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Session on June 22 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Did You Know? The CA Governor’s Office is offering incentives to boost vaccinations. See the Vax for the Win page for more info.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe,