May 28, 2021
Hello Elk Grove Unified Students, Families and Staff,
Finishing the 2020-2021 School Year
We made it! We realize that not everyone has ended the year just yet, but we still want to thank all EGUSD staff and families who helped support our students during this challenging and unprecedented school year. Summer break is upon us, as the 2020-2021 traditional school year has officially come to a close. Modified Traditional schools will enjoy their summer break beginning Monday, June 14 and Year-Round schools (Tracks A, B and C) will enjoy their summer break beginning Monday, June 28.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021! Virtual graduations are now available to watch on the EGUSD YouTube channel, and in-person ceremonies are available via Blu-ray and DVD at egusdgrads.com. The Sacramento Educational Cable Consortium will also broadcast playbacks of the virtual graduation ceremonies on Comcast channels 15 & 16. See our press release for the schedule.
EGUSD Curbside Meal Service
Curbside meals remain during summer break. However, the current curbside meal distribution program was modified after May 27, 2021 due to changes necessary with the end of the traditional school year and transition for Extended Learning programs throughout the District. See the modified schedule and learn more at our Food and Nutrition Services website.
Summer Learning Starts June 7 – July 30
Summer Learning is right around the corner. If your K-8 student will not be participating in our in-person Summer Learning Program, and you would like to register your student to have access to reading and math enrichment options (Waggle ELA and math / iRead), please complete the registration form. If you have any questions, please contact the school site.
If your child turns 5 on or before September 1, 2021 now is the time to get them enrolled. Please contact the school directly. Please don’t delay registering for Kindergarten so we can appropriately plan and develop our Kindergarten programs for the 2021-22 school year.
Elk Grove Unified is pleased to announce that we have added three COVID-19 vaccine clinics! These clinics offer only the Pfizer vaccine, now approved for anyone 12 years and older. Please note that anyone 12+ must complete a consent form either online and bring a printed copy with you, or you can complete a consent form on site. Parents/guardians must be present at the appointment for those under 18 years of age.
- Did You Know? The CA Governor’s Office is offering incentives to boost vaccinations. See the Vax for the Win page for more info.
- EGUSD Vaccine Clinics (June 1 @ Sheldon HS, June 3 @ Monterey Trail HS and June 4 @ Pleasant Grove HS; all EGUSD vaccine clinics are from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Visit MyTurn for more vaccine appointments
- Kaiser Permanente is offering a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Bruceville Center Vaccination Station 7 days a week, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Kaiser will also host a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Session on June 22 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Sacramento County Public Health is partnering with Sacramento Republic FC on a series of promotions this summer beginning with this Saturday’s (May 29) game at Heart Health Park (Cal Expo). Equivax will host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic (Pfizer vaccine) prior to the game, and Republic FC is offering FREE admission to the game to those who get vaccinated at the onsite clinic (patient only). Availability is limited and registration is highly encouraged to ensure a spot. Visit the Equivax website for more info. Additional 1st dose clinics will be held at the games on June 2 and June 5 where FREE admission will also be offered for vaccination patients.
2021-22 School Year
Stay tuned to the June 15 Board Meeting for the 2021-2022 school year plan to be back in-person 5 days a week including extracurricular and co-curricular programs and activities. Click here for the Board Meeting schedule.
EGUSD is looking for caring, qualified individuals to work to support our students and community in a variety of ways. Below is our upcoming classified recruitment fair:
June 2021 Is LGBTQ+ Month
The Elk Grove Unified School District recognizes the month of June 2021 as LGBTQ+ Pride Month. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that LGBTQ+ individuals have had on history locally, nationally and internationally. View the District’s LGBTQ+ resources for students, staff and families.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe,