October 16, 2020
Dear Students, Families and Staff,
Now that Sacramento County has given permission for schools to reopen should schools and districts choose to do so, Elk Grove Unified district and school staff are working closely with labor partners and public health to update the previously drafted transition back to school plan. Please stay tuned for more information and updates in the coming days. In the meantime, students will continue with full distance learning.
- Planning of further in-person specialized support services for small cohorts;
- An outstanding average daily attendance of 96.6% thanks to student participation, parent support, engaging instruction and student support;
- Smooth transition to second quarter for secondary school students.
- Successful rollout of After School Education and Safety (ASES) program at 17 elementary schools to provide safety and supervision of academic and literacy support, and safe, constructive alternatives for students most vulnerable to learning loss.
- Finalizing plans for general in-person learning & continuation of Distance Learning option;
- Immunizations, dental and vision screenings appointments
- Saturday, Oct. 17 at Monterey Trail HS from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 22 at Maeola Beitzel ES from 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 29 at Maeola Beitzel ES from 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Staff testing procedures and protocols in coordination with public health;
- Implementation of further in-person specialized support services for small cohorts;
- Continued safety coordination of current on site essential workers and planning for instructional staff safety and logistics;
- Transportation planning and logistics;
Parents are encouraged to listen in on the upcoming virtual Board of Education meetings:
- November 4, 2020 – Board Workshop: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
We ask everyone to remain vigilant about wearing a face mask, maintaining social distance and handwashing to help turn Sacramento County orange by the end of October. For those who can, remember to get a flu shot for you and your family.
Lastly, take a moment to login to the ParentVUE portal to check your student’s grades, attendance and communication from their teacher. For parents who need assistance with ParentVUE activation, please contact your school site or the Family and Community Engagement Office at (916) 831-5530 and translations and interpretation services for families are available at (916) 793-2953.
Thank you and stay safe and stay healthy,
SYNERGY – ParentVUE FAQS
Where can I learn more about ParentVUE?: Visit the EGUSD Synergy – ParentVUE FAQ page
- What is ParentVUE? (English)
- What is ParentVUE? (Spanish)
- What is ParentVUE? (Cantonese)
- What is ParentVUE? (Hmong)
- What is ParentVUE? (Vietnamese)