The club charter is the constitution of the club. Rules, requirements, and the framework of this organization are written in the club charter.
Asian Club Charter
Date of Adoption: 10/3/04
[On original club petition: “GOALS: fundraising, community service, food fair, charity, field trips, overcoming prejudice issues, show and tell, multicultural fair]
Article I – Name
The name of this organization will be: Asian Club
The organization is a student organization at Monterey Trial High School.
Article II – Objectives
The objectives of the organization shall be:
- To provide a social opportunity for students to interact with others at Monterey Trail H.S.
- To present students with a chance to learn of different Asian cultures.
- To provide a suitable environment for students to overcome discrimination among all races.
Article III – Membership
- Any student maintaining academic eligibility at Monterey Trail High School is eligible to be an active member and may hold office.
- Students must miss no more than five meetings to maintain membership.
Article IV – Officers Cabinet
- Election of Officers.
- The Officers of this organization are president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer and historian/technician, and Co-vice president if the majority of the club approves and deems necessary.
- Officers will be elected by written ballot with each active member casting a vote. A majority of votes will constitute a victory.
- Election of Officers will take place during the 3rd week of May.
- Officers will assume office to the period of one year.
- Recall of Officers.
- Officers are subject to recall for malfeasance in office.
- Recall procedures will be initiated at the request of five active members.
- A hearing will be conducted at a regular meeting for the presentation of evidence from all concerned parties.
- A majority of those active members voting in a recall at the end of the hearing is necessary to remove any office.
- Committee Leaders.
- The committee leaders, up to five positions, are those teaching performances.
- They will be appointed by the officers prior to a new performance.
- They can be removed by officers if they do not fulfill their job.
Article V – Voting
- This constitution and by-laws may be amended by a 2/3 majority vote of those voting, a quorum being present. (Another common option in simple majority – 50% +1)
- Voting on amendments must be conducted after a minimum notice of 2 weeks.
Article VI – Not-for-profit Statement
This is a not-for-profit organization.
Article VII – Statement of Non-discrimination
This organization shall not discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability or handicap, race, religion, sexual orientation. This policy will include, but is not limited to recruiting membership, organization activities or opportunities to hold office.
Article VIII – Financial Obligations
A majority of voting members of this organization may determine reasonable dues and fees assessed to each member at the beginning of each semester.
Article IX – Statement of Non-Hazing
This organization will not conspire to engage in hazing, participate in hazing, or commit any act that causes or is like to cause bodily danger, physical harm, or personal degradation or disgrace resulting in physical or mental harm to any fellow student or person attending the institution.
Article X – Statement of Compliance with Campus Regulations
This organization shall comply with all Monterey Trail High School and Elk Grove Unified campus policies and regulations and local, state, and federal laws.
B. Vice President
Meetings will be open to all organization members, faculty, and ASB representatives. A notice of at least 2 weeks will be given prior to all meetings. The meetings are to be organized and controlled by officers and active members.