Home :: Enrollment
New to Elk Grove Unified School District
Welcome to the Elk Grove Unified School District where more than 62,000 students attend 64 schools.
We are recognized nationally for having top quality teachers and staff, innovative programs, and safe, well-maintained schools. We offer an excellent academic program, up-to-date technology, civic values and ethics education at all grade levels. We have strong behavior standards and a wide variety of academic programs designed to meet every child's needs. Our programs include accelerated learning courses, advanced placement classes, college and career academies, and early intervention programs.
Our students represent California's great diversity: Our students speak more than 80 languages, 28 percent are White, 18 percent are African American, 26 percent are Latino, 22 percent are Asian, 8 percent are Pacific Islander/Filipino and 1 percent are American Indian.
If you are moving to the Elk Grove district, or have a child who will soon enter kindergarten, some important information about registering your child for school is listed below.
You may register your child for the current school year at any time. Registration can be done at your child's home school as soon as residence within the district can be verified.
Documents Needed for Registration
The following documents are required to register your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residence within the district (i.e. bill of sale, lease agreement, a SMUD or PG&E bill.)*
- For the 2012-2013 school year, all students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.
* NOTE: Schools may ask for a utility bill or mortgage statement to verify residence within six months if a bill of sale was provided for proof of residency or within two months if a lease agreement was provided.
Link to 2012-2013 Registration Information
School Boundary Maps
If you want to know what school your child will attend, you may use the School Locator Tool online. If you need further assistance, please call the district's Boundary Hot Line at 916.686.7755, give your new address, and ask the following questions:
- Where will my child attend school?
- Have any boundary changes been approved for this area? If so, when will they take effect and where will my child attend school after they take effect?
Staff members answering the Boundary Hot Line can also answer other questions related to school boundaries.
Link to EGUSD Forms
Link to Transportation Information