What is School Messenger?
School Messenger allows schools and school districts to inform you about school-related emergencies, school closures, attendance or other school-related issues. Parents/guardians of a student enrolled in Elk Grove Unified are automatically enrolled via Synergy.
What is School Messenger InfoCenter?
InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by the District. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from your school and district.
Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district, follow these three steps:
- Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
- Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
How to Subscribe and Opt-In to Receive Text Messages
If you would like to receive messages from your school or district you must reply with one of the opt-in keywords: Send a text message to 67587 with either the words “opt in” or “subscribe”
- Standard message and data rates may apply.
- For help information, text HELP to 67587.
- To opt out at any time, text STOP to 67587.
Participating carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile®, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, Boost, U.S. Cellular™, MetroPCS and other carriers. (The mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.) schoolmessenger.com/txt