Home :: Schools :: Summer School
2014 Summer School
At the April 22 Board meeting, the Board of Education took action to dedicate $3.2 million to summer school and intersession programs. This summer, the program is using one-time funds, and next year the summer program will use $2.2 million of on-going funds and $1 million of one-time funds.
The following is a summary of the type of summer school programs EGUSD schools are offering this year. Please contact your child’s school for more details.
Middle and High Schools
- Summer school will be held at all middle and high schools.
- There is an increase in the number and type of courses offered, to include enrichment options, as well as credit recovery and intervention courses.
- There will be a 6th to 7th grade transition program at all middle schools.
- Summer school programs will be held at all of our traditional and modified traditional calendar schools.
- Inter session and extended day learning opportunities will be held at all our schools on year round schedules.
- The above programs will focus on early literacy and early numeracy.
- There will also be remediation as well as some enrichment programs and activities.