Elk Grove Unified School District believes that family and community engagement is a fundamental component to student success and achievement. When district and school staffs build authentic relationships and encourage collaboration, it creates a culturally responsive mindset, which fosters trust and produces a welcoming environment. We will increase confidence in EGUSD by providing opportunities to partner with all families and the community in ways that support both the academic success and the social/emotional wellness of every student.
The foundational elements of our work:
- Relational: it is vital for student success that the relationship between the home, the school and the community serve as the foundation for shared responsibility.
- Collaborative: we believe in partnering with our families and community stakeholders to provide opportunities for shared learning.
- Developmental: in order for our students to grow both academically and socially, initiatives must be focused on building staff, community and family capacity to help our students to be college and career ready.
- Interactive: it is important that we provide engagement opportunities that are interactive and allow families and the community the opportunity for two-way communication.
- Linked to Learning: All engagement initiatives should be aligned with school and district achievement goals that help students to be college and career ready.
The focus of these workshops is to provide parents and district staff with mental health supports for their students’ success within the school and home setting. These workshops are presented by licensed mental health therapists.
April 18, 2018 – Suicide Awareness
May 16, 2018 – Drug and Alcohol Awareness
June 6, 2018 – Diet and Early Childhood Brain Development
For more information about times, locations and registration, please click on the link to the EGUSD Family and Staff Wellness Education Series Flyer below.