Elk Grove Unified School District believes that family and community engagement is a fundamental component to student success and achievement. When district and school staffs build authentic relationships and encourage collaboration, it creates a culturally responsive mindset, which fosters trust and produces a welcoming environment. We will increase confidence in EGUSD by providing opportunities to partner with all families and the community in ways that support both the academic success and the social/emotional wellness of every student.
The foundational elements of our work:
- Relational: it is vital for student success that the relationship between the home, the school and the community serve as the foundation for shared responsibility.
- Collaborative: we believe in partnering with our families and community stakeholders to provide opportunities for shared learning.
- Developmental: in order for our students to grow both academically and socially, initiatives must be focused on building staff, community and family capacity to help our students to be college and career ready.
- Interactive: it is important that we provide engagement opportunities that are interactive and allow families and the community the opportunity for two-way communication.
- Linked to Learning: All engagement initiatives should be aligned with school and district achievement goals that help students to be college and career ready.
Meet the Faces of F.A.C.E.
Student and Families
Student Support & Health Services
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Community Family Resource Centers
Tracking Your Child’s Developmental Milestones
EGUSD Digital Citizenship Website
F.U.E.L Services Referral Sheet
Family & Staff Wellness Education Series Workshops
January 23, 2020 – Supporting LGBTQ Youth in EGUSD
This workshop will discuss how staff and family members can open the door to communication, create a caring and accepting environment and where to go for LGBTQ+ support and resources.
Site: Sheldon High School
Click Here to Register