April 30, 2021
Dear EGUSD Students, Parents and Staff,
We are only a month away from celebrating the successes of the Class of 2021! We look forward to hosting both virtual and in-person graduation ceremonies (at our stadiums). Promotion celebrations are also being planned for our elementary and middle school students and more information will be forthcoming next week. While it has been a challenging year, we have much to celebrate and want to conclude the year positively for our students and families. Here’s today’s update as we bring ‘20-21 to a close, look forward to summer and plan for next year.
Our Safety & Security Team has a new EGUSD Safety Newsletter to share with excellent safety reminders for students and parents. Also, now that schools have students back on campus and as traffic on the roads increases, this is also a good opportunity to remind everyone about safe traffic habits for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians in general. Be safe.
District and school administrators are putting together the plans and logistics for the in-person outdoor graduation ceremonies. Due to the complexity of the program, while we wanted to give you all of the details this week, instead, we will keep you updated step by step. Here’s what we can share at this time regarding graduations:
- In-Person Outdoor Locations: Monterey Trail High School and Cosumnes Oaks High School Stadiums
- Schedule: Plans are being developed for morning ceremonies and evening ceremonies so as to avoid direct overhead sunlight and heat for a prolonged period of time.
- General Concept: Graduates will be seated on the field, with family members seated socially distanced groups throughout the stadium. All elements of the production are being arranged from security detail to stage construction to setting up large screens.
- Next steps: More details will be provided both from the District and your student’s school as we work together to communicate and make sure our seniors and their families have the in-person experience they hoped for as we celebrate the past 13 years of academic excellence.
- Reminder: Senior graduation dates are scheduled for May 24-26, 2021.
Summer Learning Programs June 7 – July 23, 2021
Click here for an overview of the EGUSD Summer Learning Programs.
‘21-22 School Year Planning
Thank you to staff, parents and students for all of your input and feedback on what you see as important for high-quality teaching and learning in the new year. A ‘21-22 School Year Plan webpage has been set up on the District’s website for you to review the summaries of the input and feedback.
- Principal Opportunity for Harriet Eddy Middle School
- Bus Drivers Wanted
- Paraeducators Wanted
- Substitute Custodial Staff Needed
- Substitute Teachers Needed
EGU News Highlights and Shout Outs!
We hope you enjoy two videos we added to the video portion of EGU News where we share some of the great work and activities happening in our schools. A big applause goes to the Laguna Creek 2021 Winter Guard recently completed their season as one of 11 guards in the nation recognized at a Master’s level in WGI (Winter Guard International) competition. They were in the top two groups in their division in the nation. They will also be featured in an upcoming issue of “Halftime” magazine because of this success. And, from our Spartans at Sunrise Elementary, we share in their excitement to be able to have students back on campus and learning in school.
Enjoy a safe start to your weekend.