Dates for Enrollment and Eligibility for Transitional Kindergarten
If you live within the boundaries of the Elk Grove Unified School District and your child will turn 5 years old between September 2 – December 2, you may register him/her for that school year.
Registration for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year begins at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 9, 2020 – at your home elementary school. Please see the Boundary Information page on our website to locate your home school.
Each year, enrollment begins at the beginning of January.
- On or after the start of registration, pick up a New Student Welcome Packet/Enrollment Form online or from your home school. The packet will be time-stamped and dated by the school office staff upon return.
- Return your completed New Student Welcome Packet/Enrollment Form by February 13, 2020.
Enrollment Required Document Checklist
- Age and legal name verification – ONE of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Other reliable document (e.g., passport, duly attested baptismal certificate, or other means prescribed by the Board [see EGUSD AR 5111])
- Immunization records (see Immunization Requirements)
- Parent or guardian photo ID
- Withdrawal grades/unofficial transcript (if applicable)
- Current proof of residence within the district (Note: must be a street address; P.O. Box is not acceptable) consisting of any ONE of the following with the present address and the name of the parent or legal guardian listed:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Mortgage statement, rental property contract, or lease agreement
- Current utility service (e.g., PG&E, SMUD, water, garbage, sewer) contract, statement, or payment receipt
- Rental property payment receipt
- Parent or guardian’s recent pay stub
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency (e.g., documentation from the Department of Human Assistance, court, documents, motor vehicle registration, driver’s license).
Any homeless or foster youth must be enrolled regardless of proof of residency. Support for families and schools is available through the District Liaison at (916) 686-7568.
There are unique residency requirements for children whose parents are on active military duty and whose parents were residents of the state and departed the state against their will. Support for families and schools in this situation is available through the Student Support and Health Services Department at (916) 686-7568.
Parents/Guardians seeking more information about the registration process can call the district’s PreK-6 Education office at (916) 686-7704.