February 22, 2021
Dear Elk Grove Unified Staff, Families and Students,
The EGUSD reopening efforts include each parent’s choice of learning model for their students. EGUSD will be offering both a distance learning model and an in-person concurrent learning model. The following videos offer a glimpse of what students and families can expect to experience with being back at school and engaged with in-person concurrent learning.
- Kindergarten Tour Video
- Elementary School General COVID-19 Student Safety
- A video for students at the secondary level will be developed to reflect movement on campus with multiple classes.
- In-Person Concurrent Learning in the Classroom Examples
Learning Model Selection Process
On Wednesday morning, at 8:00 a.m. the learning model selection process will open. Parents who are satisfied with their current learning model selection, no action is required. Parents who need to make a selection, change or verify what was selected, may do so in ParentVUE.
- Parents will need to make sure they have their ParentVUE account activated in order to make or change their student’s learning model selection.
- If ParentVUE is not activated, please contact your student’s school. Parents may also utilize District resources through the Office of Family and Community Engagement.
- All selections must be finalized by 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 26, 2021
The following information and resources are available online for parents:
- How Parents Choose Student Learning Model in ParentVUE
- How to Use/Activate Parent VUE
- How Parents Can Zoom or Call for District Assistance/Translation/Interpretation
Future Consideration for Changes
It is important to provide ample time for students to adjust to the in-person concurrent model. Consideration of parent change requests will be made by site administration, beginning two-weeks after the start date of in-person learning at their school. Please contact the school’s front office.
Please note that transportation services will be available for special needs students, homeless and foster youth.
We are all looking forward to a safe reopening of our schools and want to make sure everyone is well-informed of the safety measures that have been put in place to keep students and staff as safe as possible.