Isabelle Jackson Elementary School


Isabelle Jackson Elementary School Photo

Year Established: 1987
Mascot: Jaguars
Colors: Red and White
Slogan: “Be Responsible, Be Respectable, Be Safe”

School History
The original school by this name is now known as William Daylor High School on Orange Avenue. Isabelle Jackson School was built at the same time as Anna Kirchgater School, but it belonged to the Florin Elementary District. Elk Grove and Florin were separate elementary school districts, but they were both overcrowded in the mid-1950s. Isabelle Jackson was the superintendent-principal of Florin School and a truly remarkable woman. She was an active educator at Florin for 28 years. The new school bearing her name was constructed in 1985. There was also an earlier Jackson School, a building that still stands on Calvine Road at Short Road. It was named for members of the Jackson family that lived in the area around the little San Joaquin Cemetery on Highway 99. The Jackson School was merged with the Elk Grove Union District in 1921.

Jackson_Logo
Administration
Principal – Martin Fine
Vice Principal – Megan Drown-Jones
Secretary – Jennifer Calton

Contact Information
8351 Cutler Way
Sacramento, CA 95828
Phone: (916) 689-2115
Fax: (916) 689-2091

Directions
» Google Map

School Website
» blogs.egusd.net/ijackson

Resources
» School Accountability Report Cards (SARCs)
» Calendar – Year-Round
» Child Care Information