Prairie Elementary School


Prairie Elementary School Photo

Year Established: 1981
Mascot: Panthers
Colors: Black and Gold
Slogan: “Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow”

School History
The present day Prairie School, constructed in 1981, gets its name from the old Prairie School that served the community that grew up around the stage stop called Union House. The road upon which it was located is Franklin Boulevard today, but it was first known as the Monterey Trail, and later as Lower Stockton Road. The school was called East Union for its first four years, but in 1858 it was named Prairie. The school served the farm families of the area until 1914 when it merged with the Franklin district. The name is a reminder of the meadowlands and the vast acres of wildflowers that stretched all the way to the Sacramento River. Perhaps it made the first settlers remember the wide prairies they had crossed to get to California.

prairie_panter
Administration
Principal – Robin Riley
Vice Principal – Tamela Moore
Secretary – Jakki Bateman

Contact Information
5251 Valley Hi Drive
Sacramento, CA 95823
Ph: (916) 422-1843
Fax: (916) 422-4722

Directions
» Google Map

School Website
» blogs.egusd.net/prairie

facebook

Resources
» School Accountability Report Cards (SARCs)
» Calendar – Year-Round
» Child Care Information