Home :: Schools :: Prairie
Principal - Robin Riley
Vice Principal - Laura Anderson
Click here to visit Prairie's school website
The present day Prairie School, constructed in 1981, gets its name from the old Prairie School that served the community that grew up around the stage stop called Union House. The road upon which it was located is Franklin Boulevard today, but it was first known as the Monterey Trail, and later as Lower Stockton Road. The school was called East Union for its first four years, but in 1858 it was named Prairie. The school served the farm families of the area until 1914 when it merged with the Franklin district. The name is a reminder of the meadowlands and the vast acres of wildflowers that stretched all the way to the Sacramento River. Perhaps it made the first settlers remember the wide prairies they had crossed to get to California.
PreK, Childcare or After School Program
Back to school selection page