Christopher R. Hoffman was named superintendent of the Elk Grove Unified School District in September 2014. His first day of tenure began on November 17, 2014. Hoffman is the sixth superintendent since the District formed in 1959.
Hoffman is the first Superintendent in District history to have received elementary and secondary education in EGUSD schools. He attended Herman Leimbach Elementary, Charles Mack Elementary and James Rutter Middle schools and graduated from Valley High School.
Hoffman has spent his professional career in public education, working with diverse student populations in wide-ranging communities across Northern California, including Elk Grove, Lodi and the Sierra foothills. He is highly committed to improving the teaching and learning of socioeconomically disadvantaged students.
As a principal and superintendent, he has a solid record of improved academic performance for socioeconomic disadvantaged students as measured on the Academic Performance Index (API) with a 43 point gain in El Dorado Union High School District, 62 point gain at Mira Loma High School and 102 point gain at Tokay High School during his tenure.
He has been a visionary and innovative leader, training educators to recognize the importance of a student’s culture in the relevance of their education. He has served as a trainer for Cultural Competence – focused on the needs of schools and how to creatively move them forward. Under his leadership, El Dorado Union High School District (EDUHSD) was recognized for fiscal stability and attracting top leaders while supporting employees in career development.
Hoffman previously served for four years as Superintendent of EDUHSD. He began his career in 1992 in education as a social science teacher at Valley High School, and went on to help open Laguna Creek High School – where he became a vice principal – before serving as principal at Tokay High School in Lodi and Mira Loma High School in Sacramento. Prior to becoming Superintendent, he served as Associate Superintendent for the El Dorado Union High School District.
- About EGUSD
- ADA Notice/Disability Resources
- Board of Education
- Board Members
- Student Board Member
- Board Meeting Schedule
- July 20, 2021 - Board Meeting
- August 10, 2021 - Board Meeting
- August 18, 2021 - Special Board Meeting
- September 7, 2021 - Board Meeting
- September 21, 2021 - Board Meeting
- October 5, 2021 - Board Meeting
- November 2, 2021 - Special Board Meeting
- November 16, 2021 - Board Meeting
- December 7, 2021 - Special Board Meeting
- December 14, 2021 - Board Meeting
- January 18, 2022 - Virtual Board Meeting
- January 26, 2022 - Virtual Special Board Meeting
- February 1, 2022 - Virtual Board Meeting
- February 15, 2022 - Virtual Board Meeting
- March 1, 2022 - Special Board Meeting
- March 22, 2022 - Board Meeting
- April 5, 2022 - Board Meeting
- April 19, 2022 - Board Meeting
- May 3, 2022 - Board Meeting
- May 17, 2022 - Board Meeting
- June 14, 2022 - Board Meeting
- 2020-21 Board Meeting Schedule Archive
- Board Meeting Agendas
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Policies
- Board Resolutions
- Board Meeting Videos
- Trustee Redistricting Process
- Our District
- Our Schools
- Safety Information
- Strategic Goals
- College and Career
- Course Catalogs
- Independent Study
- Student Programs
- About EGUSD