skip to main content
Transfer Requests and Open Enrollment are offered on a space-available basis.  All transfers must be renewed annually, a process that requires action from parents, the school site, and district personnel.

Intra-District Transfer Requests

An Intra-district Transfers Request should be completed if you live in the boundaries of one EGUSD school but want to attend a different EGUSD school. At the elementary level, the primary reason for an Intra-district transfer is childcare. To obtain an Intra-district Transfer Request, complete the Intra-district Transfer Request and Agreement Form available at your student’s home school and complete the K-8 Verification of Childcare Form. Return the completed forms to your student’s home school.

Inter-District Transfer Requests

An Inter-District Transfer Request should be completed if you reside in the boundaries of another school district but want to request that your child attend an EGUSD school. Parents requesting an Inter-district Transfer Request should begin the process in your home district. Once your home district has signed the form, please bring your form to the Elk Grove Unified School District, Room 215 for the next part of the Inter-District Transfer process.
Additionally, an Inter-district Request should be completed if you reside in the boundaries of EGUSD but want to transfer your child out of EGUSD so that your child can attend school in a different school district. You can contact the PreK-6 or Secondary Education offices at the district headquarters.

Open Enrollment (Grades 7-12)

Annually, and based on enrollment numbers, facility capacities, impact on school sites and a host of other factors, the Board of Education makes recommendations on offering Open Enrollment opportunities for students. Currently, Open Enrollment is offered for secondary schools but NOT for elementary schools.