Elk Grove Unified School District understands the important function of developing and maintaining education policy. Policies guide school boards and district staff in making important decisions on education matters.
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying (Students)
- Sexual Harassment Policy (Students)
- Student Rights Under Title IX – SB 1375 Statement
- EGUSD Discipline Guide
- Uniform Complaint Procedures/Annual Notice
- Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Social Media Policy
All students have the right to a free public education, regardless of immigration status or religious beliefs.
In an effort to stop bullying from happening, Elk Grove Unified has developed strategies for addressing bullying in all of its forms in district schools with the involvement of students, parents/guardians and staff. In an effort to reduce suicidal behavior and its impact on students and families, Elk Grove Unified has developed measures and strategies for suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention.
The EGUSD Parent and Student Handbook is an annual publication containing updated information relevant to the families of Elk Grove Unified. The Parent and Student Handbook outlines our expectations, our culture, and provides information to help families understand our District policies and procedures.
- Code of Conduct (page 6)
- Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying Policies (page 25)
- Parent/Guardian Rights and Responsibilities (page 8)
- School Safety (page 22)
- Services for Students (page 83)